Plan & Book
- Is there any mandatory information I need to provide while booking a ticket?
- It is absolutely essential to provide the Guest’s correct mobile number while making a booking. Kingfisher Airlines sends SMS alerts to this mobile number to inform of any changes in schedule. If your ticket is being booked by a travel agent, please ensure that your mobile number is entered instead of the agents. It is also essential to provide an alternate land line number, your email address and valid contact address while making a booking.
- Can I reserve my seat numbers?
- The Guest may select a seat online, and seating will be assigned through such advance reservations; alternately, seating will be assigned at the airport check-in counter prior to boarding.
- What types of credit cards do you accept for payments?
- Kingfisher Airlines accepts all Amex, Visa and MasterCard credit cards for payments.
- Can I book connecting flights on Kingfisher Airlines?
- Yes, you can book connecting flights on Kingfisher Airlines. This can be done through our website as well as through our Call Centers or at the airport.
- Can I block a ticket?
- No. You cannot block a ticket.
- Is my credit card and personal information protected when I book over the Internet?
- The Kingfisher Airlines website is completely secure and is endorsed by Verisign. All the confidential payment details of our Guests are encrypted and stored so as to ensure maximum security.
- Do I get a receipt for the money I have paid for my ticket?
- The email confirmation which you get at the time of booking is considered to be a valid receipt for the payment made. No separate receipt is issued.
- What if while making the payment for the ticket, my card gets debited and the internet connection disconnects before generating the ticket number?
- In such a case please contact our 24 / 7 Call Centre (see details at the end of the page) with complete details pertaining to your travel. In case the Ticket Number has been generated, the Call Centre will inform you of the same and you can travel on that Ticket Number. However, if the Ticket Number has not been generated the debited amount will roll back to your credit card within 14 working days time.
- How do I get my ticket, if I have not printed it out during booking but have the ticket number, When do I receive the ticket for the flight which I have booked?
- Kingfisher Airlines tickets can be collected from the airport reservation counter against valid Ticket Numbers and a valid photo identity card for verification. After collection of the ticket, all Guests have to proceed to the check-in counter.
Kingfisher Airlines issues only e-tickets instead of conventional tickets which are booked online at all points of purchase. These e-tickets once booked online, can be printed on a normal A4 paper and produced at the airport counter along with a valid photo identity card. When a booking is made, a ticket number for each ticket is generated which is the unique identification for the ticket. The Guest will also receive an email, if a valid email address had been provided at the time of booking. This email will contain a link where the Guest can print out the e-ticket.
- What do I do if I need to book a large number of tickets, say for 30 guests?
- Bookings for more than 10 Guests can be made through our special Group Bookings facility. Incase you wish to book tickets for a group, you may write to email@example.com. Please visit our Group Travel section at http://www.flykingfisher.com/plan-book/group-travel.aspx for more details.
- Can I purchase an Open Kingfisher Airlines Ticket?
- No. You can only purchase a valid ticket with specific dates. However, you can purchase E-Coupons, which gives you the flexibility to book as per your convenience subject to availability of seats in the particular class of travel. Please visit our E-Coupons section at http://www.flykingfisher.com/plan-book/e-coupons.aspx for more details.
- How are tickets priced for children and infants?
- Adult and child tickets have standard pricing. Infant tickets are priced at Rs.300/- plus taxes across all Kingfisher Airlines sectors within India.
- Why is my child’s fare higher than mine?
- Kingfisher Airlines has a dynamic pricing policy where fares move upwards in a bucket system with various price points. Due to this, there could be cases where the fare is in a lower price bucket when booking for adults and it moves into the higher price bucket when booking for a child. There are limited seats per price bucket on every flight and therefore the adult fare and the child fare might differ.
- What is the break-up of the Kingfisher Airlines ticket fare?
- Fares apply only for carriage from the airport at the point of origin to the airport at the point of destination. Fares do not include ground transport service between airports and between airports and town terminals, unless provided by us without additional charge. Applicable fares are subject to change as per our regulations. We are required by the government to charge and collect Passenger Service Fee (PSF) as applicable. Besides, an insurance charge is also levied. All the above taxes and government levies are collected along with the basic fare at the time of issuance of the ticket. Any additional taxes, surcharges, cess, duty, levies and/or any other charges of such nature imposed by lawful authority on the tickets shall be directly paid by the Guest to us at the time of Check-In.
- Is there a concessional fare for senior citizens, students, armed forces etc?
- Yes, Kingfisher Airlines has concessional pricing for senior citizens and students. Please visit our Travel Assistance section at http://www.flykingfisher.com/travel-assistance/special-care.aspx for more details.
Kingfisher Airlines offers special concessions for Armed Forces personnel; they are entitled to 50% discount on the adult full basic fare in Kingfisher Class on all the sectors operated by Kingfisher Airlines. This fare is applicable to Active Military Personnel of the Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force), paramilitary categories and their family members. Family members include spouse, dependent children between the age of 12 and 26 years and dependent parents.
- How many guests can I book on one ticket number?
- Only 6 Guests can be booked on a PNR. New PNRs have to be generated for more than 6 Guests.
- How do I pay for my ticket?
- For bookings made through the Call Centre, the payment has to be remitted by credit card. At Kingfisher Airlines City and Airport Ticketing Offices, payment can be made either via cash or by credit / debit card. We accept credit / debit cards and offer net banking as well for online bookings.
- When do I receive the ticket for the flight which I have booked?
- Kingfisher Airlines issues only e-tickets instead of conventional tickets which are booked online at all points of purchase. These e-tickets once booked online, can be printed on a normal A4 paper and produced at the airport counter along with a valid photo identity card. When a booking is made, a ticket number for each ticket is generated which is the unique identification for the ticket. The Guest will also receive an email, if a valid email address had been provide at the time of booking. This email will contain a link where the Guest can print out the e-ticket.
- Where can I find the Terms & Conditions for travel with Kingfisher Airlines?
- You will find this at the bottom of the page with a title “Contract of Carriage”
- What happens if at the check in counter, I discover that I have excess baggage?
- Any baggage brought to the check-in counter on the date of departure that exceeds the free baggage allowance is considered excess baggage and is chargeable at the rate applicable for the sector of travel.
- What is the procedure followed by Kingfisher Airlines in identifying, recovering and returning my lost baggage?
- In the event of mishandled baggage, we send out baggage tracers across our network to have the baggage recovered and delivered to the Guest at the earliest possible. The Trace process could take between 1 to 7 days. Upon recovery the Guest is intimated and the baggage is handed over, after necessary validation. Guests can also use our Baggage tracer feature to track the progress of reported lost baggage. Once a report for a missing bag has been logged and a WorldTracer file number is recorded, you can track the progress of your report via this feature available at http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/it.htm.
- What can I do if I feel ill on the flight?
- In case a Guest feels unwell during their journey, the Guest should immediately inform our Cabin Crew, for necessary assistance. We do carry basic medication in the Medical Kit on board the aircraft, as prescribed by the DGCA.
- Can I use my Mobile Phone on board once the flight has taken off?
- No, Mobile phones need to be switched off and cannot be used on board the aircraft after take off. Some airlines allow Guests to keep the phone in the flight mode; however we do not allow Guests to keep their phones on.
- Can I smoke on board an Kingfisher Airlines flight?
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on board all our flights.
- Can I check-in online on my Kingfisher Airlines flight?
- Yes. Guests can Web Check-in for domestic flights from 48 hours up to 2 hours prior to departure and for international flights from 48 hours up to 4 hours prior to departure. The facility to do a Web check-in is available on our website www.flykingfisher.com.
- What time do I need to check-in at the airport?
- Check-in at the airport for domestic flights starts two and half hours prior to departure. In order to maintain schedules, check-in for domestic flights will close 45 minutes before departure. Guests are advised to check-in early in order to avoid any last minute rush.
- What time does boarding close for my flight?
- Boarding closes 20 minutes prior to flight departure. Kingfisher Airlines may or may not make any announcements at the Airport regarding boarding. We reserve the right to deny boarding and cancel your reservation without refund if you do not meet the Boarding Deadline.
- Does Kingfisher Airlines provide any special services to its guests?
- Wheel Chair services and Unaccompanied Minor services are provided by the airline. Assistance is provided at the time of embarkation and disembarkation.
- Do I need to inform Kingfisher Airlines prior to travel, if I have any reduced mobility, visual impairment, or need any special assistance at the airport?
- Information for requirement of special services should be provided at the time of making a reservation. This will help us ensure that the required assistance and provisions can be arranged in advance. Some services might be charged for, as per laid down airline policy.
- What is the Airline’s policy for travel of pregnant women?
- For travel within India, an expectant mother is permitted to travel till the end of the 36th week without a medical certificate provided there are no prior medical complications. From the 37th week till the end of 38th week a medical certificate from the treating doctor (qualified obstetrician) is required. This certificate must be issued not more than seven days prior to date of travel. The Guest has to be accompanied by a doctor with a minimum MBBS qualification. After 38 weeks, expectant mothers are not permitted to fly. Please visit our Travel Assistance section at http://www.flykingfisher.com/travel-assistance/special-assistance/expectant-mothers-infant.aspx for more details.
- How many Guests can I book on one ticket number?
- Only 6 Guests can be booked on a PNR. New PNRs have to be generated for more than 6 Guests.
- What is the minimum guest requirement in Kingfisher First to form a group?
- Minimum of 06 guests traveling together on a single flight. (Excluding infant below the age of 2yrs)
- What is the form of payment accepted for a group booking?
- Cash or Credit card or Demand Draft.
- Where can the ticketing of the group be done?
- Minimum of 06 Guests traveling together on a single flight. (Excluding infant below the age of 2yrs)
- Can seats be pre assignment for a group?
- On Request.
- Can the amount of the unutilized group ticket be used for a new group booking?
- How much in advance can a group travel requests be confirmed?
- Booking can be done 330 days prior to departure date.
- Can King club member earn miles against group booking?
Cancellation and Refund
- If I cancel my ticket, do I get any refund?
- A guest can cancel the ticket on payment of applicable charges by calling the Kingfisher Airlines Call Centre.
- Where can I cancel my ticket?
- If you have booked your ticket on www.flykingfisher.com, you will be able to use our new ONLINE CANCELLATION facility. Bookings done through our 24/7 Call Centre, Airport and City Ticketing Offices, Travel Agencies or any other channels cannot be cancelled using the new ONLINE CANCELLATION FACILITY.
- Can I reschedule my ticket?
- Once a reservation has been made, it is only possible to reschedule the date of travel upon payment of applicable charges. The difference in fare will also have to be paid in case the current fare is higher than the original fare. The date / class change is permitted only through our Contact Centers and or Ticketing Offices. Changes cannot be made to either Origin or Destination or Both. An existing booking must be cancelled / refunded and a new booking / ticket must be transacted for any routing changes.