The only airline in India to offer Medical Emergency Fares
Mumbai, February 7, 2011- Kingfisher Airlines, India’s only five star airline rated by Skytrax, today announced that it has launched ‘Medical Emergency Fares’ under its Care Fares portfolio. Medical Emergency Fares are specially designed for the benefit of guests travelling on account of a family medical emergency or bereavement in the family. Guests can avail of the Medical Emergency Fares from February 14, 2011 onwards. Kingfisher Airlines is the first and only airline in India to offer Medical Emergency Fares.
The Care Fares are special fares for special needs and the existing range includes special fares for Defence Personnel, Senior Citizens and Students. The Medical Emergency Fare is available for travel on Kingfisher Airlines’ domestic route network, for travel undertaken in flights offering Kingfisher Class service and for flights operating as Kingfisher Red services.
Commenting on the launch of yet another market-first, Kingfisher Airlines Ltd. Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Sanjay Aggarwal, said, “The Kingfisher Experience is a whole lot more than just experiencing the good times when flying with us. In difficult times too, when guests have to undertake travel for a medical emergency or bereavement in the family, we would like to be there for our guests. Because bookings for such emergency travel are invariably made at the last minute, Medical Emergency Fares have been introduced to provide relief and more flexibility to our guests who simply must travel and have to make spot bookings.”
“Now, while making a last-minute spot booking, guests has the option of either availing the special Medical Emergency Fare or alternatively, the prevailing regular fare, whichever may benefit and suit them better. At the time of booking the Medical Emergency Fare, the full prevailing fare amount will need to be paid and once the eligibility of the guest and the required documentation is completed and submitted, the difference between 50% of the full fare amount and the actual fare paid will be refunded to the guest in the specified time frame’, added Mr. Aggarwal.
Key highlights of the Medical Emergency Fares Programme are-
• The hospitalised or deceased family member must be one of the following:
o Spouse / Registered Partner
o In-laws (Mother-in-law /Father-in-law)
• These bookings can be done ONLY through Kingfisher Airlines reservation contact points namely the Kingfisher Airlines booking counters at airports, city ticketing offices of Kingfisher Airlines or via the call centers. Full details of these booking points are available on www.flykingfisher.com
• Guests have to specify at the time of the booking that they would like to avail a Medical Emergency Fare. Bookings made normally without specifying this will not be later entitled to refunds applicable on Medical Emergency Fares.
• Available on Y class bookings only
• Guests may choose to book either one-way ticket or round-trip confirmed tickets. In the event seats are unavailable, alternative flights will be provided and stand by bookings will be permitted.
• The travel must commence within three days from date of issue of ticket and must be completed within thirty days. • One free date change will be allowed only on return journey
• Guests will be entitled to accumulate King Miles for travel undertaken availing Medical Emergency Fares as per King Club’s applicable policy.
• 50% refund will apply only to the fare paid and does not apply on the tax component, user development fee and such other levies.
• To avail the 50% refund on Medical Emergency Fares, guests will need to submit all specified documentation within 60 days of completion of their travel.
• In case of any delay, disruption or cancellation of the flights for which tickets have been purchased as Medical Emergency Fares, the policies applicable to guests travelling on domestic flights of Kingfisher Airlines will apply.
• The refund amount will be repaid via cheque to be issued within 45 working days from day of receipt of all specified documents. If the ticket was purchased using a credit card, any refund due will be processed to that credit card. Because of processing/statement cycles, it may take an additional 60 days after processing for the credit to appear on the guests’ credit card statement
Guests will be required to submit the following documents in the event of death or hospitalization of an eligible family member:
• Medical Emergency Fare Application Form completed and signed
• Certificate of Death or Hospitalization from the treating hospital.
• Proof of Relationship with the guest- (Copy of Passport / Ration Card)
• All Boarding pass(es).
• E-ticket Receipt
Kingfisher Airlines caters to all segments of air travel ranging from the low fare service – Kingfisher Red, to the premium economy service – Kingfisher Class, to the luxurious Kingfisher First. As India's market leading airline, Kingfisher Airlines offer the maximum number of flights offered by any single airline network in India. Kingfisher Airlines today flies to 60 cities in India and 8 international destinations and has over 360 daily departures with a fleet of 66 aircraft.